Legal Seminar: Medical Marijuana in the Workplace
October 10 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am$25.00 - $45.00
Medical Marijuana in the Workplace:
Drug Testing, Discipline and Accommodations for Employees with Disabilities.
Presented by Greg Currey, Esq. of WCS, LLP
In recent years, state and local governments have expanded the permissible use of medical marijuana and taken steps to decriminalize recreational marijuana use. Meanwhile, the federal government has publicly taken a harder line against any form of marijuana use, whether recreational or medicinal. How then, should your company handle drug testing, discipline, and medicinal use by employees? Are you required to make exceptions to drug-free workplace policies for medicinal marijuana? How does this impact “zero-tolerance” policies?
This seminar will cover:
- A survey of state law related to marijuana use
- How state and federal law interact
- How and when to conduct drug testing and how positive tests should be handled
- Drug-free workplace policies and how they apply to medicinal marijuana
- A discussion and review of legal developments related to when employers are required to provide reasonable accommodations for employees prescribed medical marijuana for disabilities.
Registration includes coffee & continental breakfast