Legal Seminar: Employee Handbook & Policies
September 18 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am$25.00 - $45.00
Learn how to prepare an employee handbook and policies that fit your business’ legal needs and corporate culture.
Your company’s employee handbook is its first line of defense and an opportunity to promote your corporate culture. However, for many companies, it is often not used to its greatest advantage and instead is a compilation of disparate policies pulled together to try to “cover all the bases.” Taking the time to prepare a thoughtful, well-crafted and consistent handbook will ultimately save your company time and money.
In this two hour seminar, Greg Currey, a seasoned employment attorney, will discuss handbook must-haves, common mistakes, and best practices to provide practical, actionable information and guidance to enable your business to take full advantage of its employee handbook.
Among the topics Greg will discuss include:
- How often should you update your handbook?
- How much detail and legal technicalities should you include?
- What policies are legally required?
- Social media policies – do’s and don’ts
- Policies and process “around” the handbook – making it work for you
- Recent legal guidance and real-world issues
- Specific policy issues – performance reviews, discipline, social media, and working hours
About the presenter:
Gregory Currey is a Partner with Wright, Constable & Skeen, LLP. Mr. Currey is an experience counselor and litigator who focuses his practice on employment and business issues. He regularly works with employers to develop policies and practices to avoid litigation and represents employers when litigation is unavoidable. Mr. Currey is a frequent writer and lecturer on employment law.