- This event has passed.
August 19, 2017 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Every three (3) years a Cross Connection/Backflow Tester must recertify or lose their certification as a Backflow/Cross Connection Tester. The Maryland State Board of Plumbing, WSSC, Baltimore County, District of Columbia, require the successful completion of an approved 8-Hour Backflow Training Recertification Course to keep this certification and license current. The recertification course will focus on the following:
- Updates and new developments in Cross Connection Control
- Review of causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Review of proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- Review of accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
- Review of differential gauge use and recommendation gauges
- Review of PVB, DCVA, and RP test procedures and wet lab practice
A passing grade on the final written examination and a satisfactory completion of the ¬Ëœhands-on’ performance will result in certification. Certification is good for three (3) years.
If you fail the course and are required to re-test you will be notified by the office