32-Hour Backflow Certification – 3 Day Course
December 13 @ 7:00 am - December 15 @ 6:00 pm$225.00 - $650.00
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID APPRENTICE, JOURNEY OR MASTER MD STATE PLUMBING LICENSE TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THIS LICENSE BEFORE BEING REGISTERED FOR THE CLASS.
This course meets for 3 consecutive days. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (December 13, 14, 15) at the ABC Baltimore, Whitehead Road Facility from 7 am to 6 pm.
The Maryland State Board of Plumbing requires the successful completion of an approved 32-Hour Backflow Training Course as a pre-requisite for the Journey/Master Plumber examination.
ALL PLUMBING MEMBERS – Check your license and certification!
- Developing the knowledge of the causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Recognizing proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- A complete understanding and ability to perform accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
Every three (3) years a Cross Connection/Backflow Tester must re certify or lose their certification as a Backflow/Cross Connection Tester. The Maryland State Board of Plumbing, WSSC, Baltimore County, District of Columbia, require the successful completion of an approved 8-Hour Backflow Training Recertification Course to keep this certification and license current. The re certification course will focus on the following:
- Updates and new developments in Cross Connection Control
- Review of causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Review of proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- Review of accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
- Review of differential gauge use and recommendation gauges
- Review of PVB, DCVA, and RP test procedures and wet lab practice
A passing grade on the final written examination and a satisfactory completion of the ¬’hands-on’’ performance will result in certification. Certification is good for three (3) years.
If you fail the course and are required to re-test you will be notified by the office.
TEXTBOOKS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR USE DURING THE CLASS