32-Hour Backflow Certification (3 Day Course) OR Re-Cert (Sat. ONLY)
September 13 @ 7:00 am - September 15 @ 6:00 pm$225.00 - $650.00
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID APPRENTICE, JOURNEY OR MASTER MD STATE PLUMBING LICENSE TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THIS LICENSE BEFORE BEING REGISTERED FOR THE CLASS.
This course meets for 3 consecutive days. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (September 13, 14, 15) at CCBC Dundalk Campus (Classroom location TBD) from 7 am to 6 pm.
The Maryland State Board of Plumbing requires the successful completion of an approved 32-Hour Backflow Training Course as a pre-requisite for the Journey/Master Plumber examination. Plus, every 3 years a Cross Connection/Backflow Tester must re-certify or lose their certifications as a Backflow/Cross Connection Tester. This class gives you the option to be certified for the first time (32-hour course) or in the event of letting your certification expire, OR you may choose to attend the re-certifiation course (10-hour course on SATURDAY ONLY) if you currently hold a soon-to-expire certification.
ALL PLUMBING MEMBERS – Check your license and certification for expiration dates!
The 32-hour certification class will help you:
- Develop the knowledge of the causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Recognize proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- Gain a complete understanding and ability to perform accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
The re-certification course (10 hours; SAT. ONLY!) will focus on the following:
- Updates and new developments in Cross Connection Control
- Review of causes and principles of the backflow and backflow prevention
- Review of proper backflow prevention assembly application and operation
- Review of accepted field test procedures for all backflow prevention assemblies
- Review of differential gauge use and recommendation gauges
- Review of PVB, DCVA, and RP test procedures and wet lab practice
A passing grade on the final written examination and a satisfactory completion of the “hands-on’’ performance will result in certification. Certification is good for three (3) years.
TEXTBOOKS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR USE DURING THE CLASS