March 24, 2020
Today’s Safety Moment: COVID-19 Tool Cleaning Protocol
- Alert: CDC Warns about Phishing Emails Referencing CDC and Flu Pandemic more >
- Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services (DPS): DPS will no longer accept new projects via paper submissions; Inspections continue as usual. more >
- MD: Business Financial Relief Fund Programs more >
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources more >
- ABC National: Members Can Order FREE CDC Coronoavirus Posters more >
- Member Businesses: To donate goods to Maryland state in response to COVID-19 more >
March 23, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE from MD Governor Hogan: Order closing all non-essential businesses and other establishments. Construction remains essential and open. more >
- From Federal Government: Identifying Critical Infrastructure During COVID-19
- MD: The Governor’s Office, Maryland Emergency Management Agencey (MEMA) and many sister agencies are working to identify essential goods and services. It is recommended that all businesses and industries who have questions to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org This is monitored by MEMA and should be able to answer questions and take your input.
- MD: Governor Hogan announced that small businesses can apply for SBA Disaster Assistance more >
- DC: Government Announces $25 Million Small Business Recovery Microgrants and Information on SBA Disaster Loans more >
- From ConstructionDive: Mapping the Conoravirus Impact on US Construction— As news of the coronavirus impact continues to unfold, this page tracks projects or cities that have halted construction due to the pandemic.
- ABC of Metro Washington member, Aronson, LLC, has a web page with accounting and business services information to use as a roadmap for business continuity, operations, workforce and overall safety planning efforts during the current health epidemic more >
March 19-20, 2020
- As of March 19, DC Department of Constumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) announced that construction continues to be allowed in the District Monday-Saturday from 7:00 AM-7:00 PM without special permits. DCRA inspectors are continuing to investigate reports of illegal construction thoughout the District.
- DC, Montgomery County and Prince George’s County Small Businesses are eligible for U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Relief Loans. more >
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act is enacted. Emergency legislation that provides employees paid family and medical leave and paid sick leave in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. more >
- Wall Street Journal Op-Ed: Rethinking the Cornoavirus Shutdown (or download PDF)
- Maryland: Download An Employment Benefits Guide for the Worker in Transition. Pages 4-10 will assist employees with filing for Unemployment Insurance.
- U.S. Department of Labor Announces New Guidance on Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities more >
- ENR reports, Pennsylvania Halts All Non-Life-Sustaining Business, Including Construction (also download listing from PA Government)
- All ABC of Metro Washington networking events and management education classes scheduled through April 30, 2020 are cancelled or postponed.
- As of March 17, 2020: all on-site apprenticeship classes are suspended for at least two weeks to allow time to identify other training options and determine how best to proceed.
- Committees that wish to meet will do so via conference call or other remote means.
In order to stay up-to-date and access accurate information, our members are encouraged to utilize the below links.
ABC National is hosting the following webinar series on Coronavirus (available only to ABC members in management positions and Chapter staff): Go here to get login information before registering.
- March 18, 2020: Construction Employer Responsibilities and OSHA Compliance During the Coronavirus Emergency: Recording Available
- March 19, 2020: The Economy in the Time of Coronavirus: The Near- and Longer-term Outlooks for the Economy and the Markets: Recording Available
- March 20, 2020: Contract Issues and the Coronavirus: Recording Available
Local and State Government and Labor Resources:
- Resources for Maryland Business
- Resources for DC Business
- Maryland Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- DC Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Local and State Government Healthcare Information Resources:
- DC Department of Health
- Maryland Department of Health
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
- Prince George’s County Department of Health and Human Services
ABC National Information Resources:
- ABC National’s COVID-19 Updates
- Recommended Best Practices by ABC National Safety & Health Committee
- Coronavirus and the Construction Industry: How to Handle an Inevitable Delay
- ABC general counsel Littler Mendelson’s coronavirus webpage.
Federal Government and Healthcare Information Resources: