138 apprentices, representing companies across Maryland, graduated on May 23, 2019 at UMBC’s RAC Arena, from craft training programs from three ABC chapters: Baltimore, Chesapeake Shores and Metro Washington. Of those graduates, 79 were from the Baltimore chapter. Special guest and ABC National Chairman, Tony Rader, led the ceremony and honored the graduates.
“The graduation was a huge success and a wonderful celebration of completing four years of hard work both on the job and in the classroom,” said ABC Baltimore Senior Vice President, Michelle Butt. “We saw so many smiles on faces of graduates. We are truly thrilled for our craft professionals as they continue their construction careers.”
The event was a great opportunity to see first-hand how craft training shapes the future of the construction industry’s workforce.
Many students stood out and went to great lengths to be considered an ‘outstanding student.’ Congratulations to those exceptional graduates:
- Timothy O’Donnell, Maryland Mechanical Systems, Inc. – Perfect Attendance
- Stephen Sellner, Wolf Fire Protection, Inc. – Perfect Attendance
- Claude Van Pelt, Hirsch Electric, LLC – Outstanding Electrical
- Christopher Curtis, Metcalf Plumbing Services, LLC – Outstanding Plumbing
- Timothy O’Donnell, Maryland Mechanical Systems, Inc. – Outstanding HVACR
- Jacob Koppold, BFPE International – Outstanding Sprinkler fitting
- Justin Kraus, Leonard A. Kraus Co., Inc. – Outstanding Carpentry
A special thank you to our event sponsors.