Based on these observations, we are launching our newest member benefit; a peer support and discussion group for those in your company charged with handling HR issues and responsibilities. We’re calling it HRFC, Human Resources Forum for Construction.
The HRFC offers opportunities to share best practices, common concerns, industry trends and new laws and regulations by facilitating open discussion and introducing subject matter experts on an array of topics.
What are some of the topics that will be discussed?
- How to easily, but effectively, document discipline
- Managing attendance issues with the new sick and safe leave law
- How to handle discipline for employees with disabilities
- Effect of medical marijuana and/or marijuana legalization on employer drug testing policies
- Monitoring and managing meal breaks and travel time for employees working off-site
- What to do when you do an I-9 audit and find out that you have undocumented employees
- Wage claims by undocumented employees
- Handling employee requests for reasonable accommodations
- What exactly is “reasonable” in terms of “reasonable accommodation”?
- Employees’ Privacy Rights vs. Employers’ Rights to Know: In the age of Facebook, Instagram and twitter: How far can you go?
- Do’s and Don’ts of a harassment investigation
- Social Media – HR issues that often arise/ creating an effective social media policy
Who should attend?
HR professionals, COOS, comptrollers, and any others tasked with the HR responsibilities for their company. For those who are professional HR people, CE may be awarded for sessions where there are speakers.
What is the cost?
There is NO cost for ABC Baltimore members to participate.
Who should I contact?